Publication Scheme under Freedom of Information Act, 2014
Fingal County Council has prepared and published a Publication Scheme concerning the information of the Council in conformity with a Model and Guidelines made by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform under Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act, 2014.
The Scheme comes into effect on the 14th April, 2016.
Purpose of Scheme:
The Scheme is designed to facilitate the provision of information to the greatest extent possible, except for information exempted under the Act and, in preparing, reviewing or revising a Publication Scheme, Fingal County Council shall have regard to the public interest in:
(a) allowing public access to information held by Fingal County Council;
(b) the publication of reasons for decisions made by Fingal County Council;
(c) publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation
to its activities and functions generally.
Scheme Format and Access:
The Scheme is web based with links from it to information under six headings as set out below which will be updated as provided for under the Act.
Six Information Sets:
Information will be provided under the following six headings:
Information about Fingal County Council
Functions and public services provided or to be provided
Information routinely published and miscellaneous
A. Information about Fingal County Council
Who we are and what we do, organisational information, structures, locations and contacts.
1. Establishment of organisation – About Fingal
2. Roles - Local Government Sector Principles Framework
3. Responsibilities - Local Government Sector Principles Framework
4. Functions - Local Government Sector Principles Framework
5. Governance arrangements Your Local Councillors : : Fingal County Council
6. Management arrangements Organisation Structure : : Fingal County Council
8. Annual Report Annual Reports : : Fingal County Council
9. Organisation Structure Organisation Structure : : Fingal County Council
10. Pay/Grading Structures Pay Grading Structures
11. Locations and contact details for the organisation About Fingal : : Fingal County Council
12. Links to agencies/other bodies under Fingal County Council’s remit - NONE AT THIS TIME
13. Details of Service Level Agreements / Memoranda of Understanding
- Fingal County Council has a SLA with Irish Water in relation to the provision of water and waste water services. This SLA is provided for in the Water Services (no 2) Act, 2013, and facilitates the local provision of water and waste water services in partnership with Irish Water.
- Fingal County Council has a SLA with Enterprise Ireland in relation to the provision of the Local Enterprise Office. This SLA is provided for in the County Enterprise Boards (Dissolution) Act 2014 and provide services under four headings: Business Information and Advisory Services; Enterprise Support Services; Entrepreneurship Support Services, and Local Enterprise Development Services.
14. Customer Charters Citizen Charter : : Fingal County Council
15. Codes of Practice or Guidelines Local Government Sector Principles Framework
B. Services Provided or to be provided to the Public
The services we offer details of functions and services that Fingal County Council provides and the decision making process.
1. Services provided for public including administration of an enactment/scheme - A-Z of Services Index
2. How such services can be accessed - Sitemap : Fingal County Council
3. How much such services cost to access, if any - Sitemap : Fingal County Council
4. Administration of such services - Sitemap : Fingal County Council
6. Research projects undertaken in respect of these functions / services - NONE AT THIS TIME
C. Decision Making process for major policy proposals
How we make decisions on policies: Decision Making processes and records of decisions
In this section FOI bodies provide details of:
- Major policy proposals including any public consultation exercises - Browse consultations | Fingal County Council's Online Consultation Portal
- Background information relating to major policy proposals and decisions – Browse consultations | Fingal County Council's Online Consultation Portal
3. Reports on the operation of public services by Fingal County Council
- Audit Committee Annual Report 2015
- Audit Committee Report to Council
- AUDITED AFS 2014
- CE report on Statutory Audit Report
- Loc. Govt. Auditor Report 2014
4. Expenditure reviews - NONE AT THIS TIME
5. Policy assessments - NONE AT THIS TIME
D. Financial Information
What we spend: Financial information relating to income and expenditure
FOI bodies provide the following information in this section:
1. Financial statements - Budgets Expenditure and Financial Statements : : Fingal County Council
2. Major plans for Capital Expenditure - Budgets Expenditure and Financial Statements : : Fingal County Council
3. Payments or Purchase Orders for goods and services - Budgets Expenditure and Financial Statements : : Fingal County Council
4. Governance Board Member remuneration Budgets Expenditure and Financial Statements : : Fingal County Council
5. Funding/Sponsorship of non-public bodies - Details of funding/sponsorship from 14/04/16 to be published in the near future.
E. Procurement (Click on Procurement for Information on the Items below.)
1.Procurement policies - Budgets Expenditure and Financial Statements : : Fingal County Council
2.A link to all current tender competitions on the eTenders website - Welcome to the eTenders procurement website
3.Public contracts awarded including contract type, contractor, value, award date, duration and brief description (tabular format) over €25k.
F. FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information to be Published Routinely
1. FOI Disclosure Log - Freedom of Information Disclosure Log 2016
2. Reports - Annual Reports : : Fingal County Council
3. Commercial publications and relative charges - NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
4. Information held by the body which is sought regularly - Press Releases : : Fingal County Council
For more information on the Publication Scheme please contact the FOI Office at (01) 890 5162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
14th April, 2016.