Object to a planning application
To object or comment on a planning application you can make a submission online or in writing.
Anybody other than the applicant can object to / comment on a planning application.
Points to Note:
- Fee is €20.
- All objections/comments are published on our website
- You must object/comment within 5 weeks of the application registered date. You can withdraw your objections/comments by letter within the same 5 week period. All valid documents we receive are viewable on the website and the public file.
- You can only object/comment on planning and development issues. Any issues that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered. The planning authority may only consider objections relating to planning issues and not those based on personal dislikes, grievances or opinions. Read our Commenting on a Planning Application guide for more info.
- Letters must contain your name, address and the planning application Reg. Ref. number.
- Important Note: “payment process failure”
In the unlikely event that the payment process fails while making an online submission, please immediately alert Planning staff by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by telephoning (01) 8905000. It is important to have this matter rectified as soon as possible due to strict statutory time limits imposed in which to make a submission/observation.
Once a decision has been made on the application, we will inform you within 3 working days.
Not Happy with the decision?
If you are an Original Objector you can appeal to An Bord Pleanála
Guide to making an appeal
Not an Original Objector but want to Appeal to the Bord
You can in some circumstances set out here: Guidelines for leave to appeal
For more information on objecting/commenting on a planning application