GAA Club Competition
Environmental Awareness Campaign
GAA Club Competition
Fingal County Council have created a competition for GAA Clubs based in Fingal. Each club has the opportunity to enter a competition to win €2,500.
The competition calls for projects which clubs can introduce which will:
- reduce waste, energy or water use, improving management and efficiencies while saving money on utility bills - and
- increase awareness of environmental issues in the club and local community.
Does Your Project Qualify?
Is your club located in Fingal County? Well then yes!
All Fingal Clubs qualify to enter the Competition!! (Limited to just one entry per club please)
Suggestions for projects may include the following (but not restricted to):
- Elimination of single-use plastics at training, games, camps, club shops, coffee shops, coffee docks etc.
- Re-usable cup campaign - beverages
- Setting up a refill point for water bottles (visit www.refill.ie)
- Introduce a waste management system
- Introduce a returnable boots scheme
- Introduce a returnable hurl scheme
- Reducing Energy (especially lights on during Winter)
- Run an ‘Action Day’ including a’ take-home’ message – (e.g. stop food waste, bicycle-swap scheme, bicycle maintenance workshop, plastics, polyester clothing)
- Reduction of water use – sinks, urinals, pitch,
- Green Travel initiative – travel to club grounds
- Create a club slogan with a green theme that can be used in club communications.
- Run a kids poster competition for environmental awareness
Submission of Forms
The completed Application Forms should be submitted by 4.30pm Friday 11th Jan 2019 by one of two ways:
- By Email: in Word or PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post/ hand delivered to:
GAA Competition, Environment Division, Environmental Awareness Section, Fingal County Council, County Hall Main Street, Swords, County Dublin, K67 X8Y2
GAA Competition, Environment Division, Environmental Awareness Section , Fingal County Council Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 W638
Late entries will not qualify.